Yes it’s true, our Potlatch mixed Ulti Frisbee team came in the top 50/100 a few weekends ago…..
As you can imagine the Mile High club was all about sexy stewardesses, suave pilots and some Top Gun enthusiasts thrown in for saucy measure.
I’ve been wanting to experience the Potlatch Tournament for several years since I’d heard just too many good things about it including Matt and Bobo’s hilarious hook up story which clearly was a goodie since they’re still together after many years. It was all I’d hoped for and more. Scorching sun, lush playing fields, 100 teams, 30 something games going on at a time, drinking, dancing, partying and competitive ulti. Pretty much my idea of a perfect weekend – photos galore here. Plus I got to catch up with so many good friends were there from all over the world.
So for those of you who comment on my Facebook status or Twitter updates (one has to be up with the social networks when one’s building their business in, around and on it!) you seem to think all I do is party and play Ultimate – not true, although a great guess.
My life has primarily consisted of 3 focus areas for the last couple of months:
1) Building our startup and a kick-ass application that will change the face of fundraising and payments in social networks, we have 45 days of funding left and two weeks til launch – you do the math!
2) Training hard with our hot women’s team Zephyr in the lead up to Nationals including a brilliant bonding weekend in stunning Naramata last weekend (which involved scrimmaging, tubing, drinking and partying)
3) Personal growth. Part of this has been socialising I admit, also even more networking than normal and developing my vision for WomanzWorld by meeting a whole bunch of inspiring women in business.
It’s been a hugely rewarding time but I have been burning the bridges a little at both ends, hence the reason why I’m pretty happy to head off on a 6 hour drive in about 6 hours time to reach Shuswap Lake for four excellent days of house boating with a bunch of friends, some I know and some I soon will.
I’ve never been houseboating but given the organiser is a DJ I’m sure we’ll be rocking out, and given his friend is a chef and is cooking up a storm for us complete with delicious sounding menus, AND that the houseboat has a waterslide and hot tub included makes me think I’m in for one helluva time!
- I do intend to read at least 1 of the 8 great business books I recently bought
- Set some goals and actions based off the excellent pre work done at the entrepreneurial Passion and Purpose workshop I attended yesterday afternoon – shout out to Mike and Gabe for pulling off that energising afternoon.
- Work on fleshing out the whole concept of empowering women to become entrepreneurs – but more on that later
So if you don’t hear from me for a wee while you certainly will when I’m back because I feel like I’ll be launching our business into the next scary but exciting chapter of making it a reality and including you in that, as well as launching my new personal pursuit of Women taking over the World and launching my personal countdown to being in prime shape for Nationals in August with Zephyr.
In the meantime enjoy the photos!