Do you wake up some mornings on the wrong side of the bed, and then the rest of the day proceeds to go to custard?
Do you ever wish that you could instead, choose your attitude and have the best day ever?
There’s a rather special person I know who has mastered this more than anyone else I’ve ever met and thankfully she is always sharing the simple yet powerful ways in which we can take charge of our own life and attitude.
Debra Searle is a unique and inspiring individual who is truly tapping into her potential.
Debra first hit the headlines when she and her husband set out to row across the Atlantic. Unfortunately, her husband and rowing partner had to be rescued within just days of setting off.
Debra continued on alone and rowed 3000 miles across the Atlantic single-handedly!
It should have taken them 6 weeks but, to achieve her goal, Debra ended up spending 3 ½ months at sea alone. During that time she had to dig deep to endure this arduous crossing and it’s here where she developed the tools and mindset to be able to deal with pretty much anything life threw at her.
She also lead a group of women (which included me!) known as The Sisterhood to a new World Record for Dragon Boating across the English Channel in 2007.
This particular adventure created huge media interest in the UK due to a rather famous teammate – Kate Middleton, now the Duchess of Cambridge.
She achieved a first class honours degree, has launched four companies, won Gold World Championship medals for Great Britain, presented over 40 programmes for the BBC, had two books published and became the youngest ever trustee of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
Her Majesty The Queen has recognised Debra on two occasions – in 2002 with an MBE and in 2014 with an MVO. She has spoken at over 1000 events across 38 countries.
This 2019 Debra will be making frequent trips to Hollywood as the movie telling the story of her Atlantic row is currently in development.
I am inspired and I hope you are too!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How Debra handled her solo Atlantic crossing and what she learned
- How she went on to build her professional career based off that one event
- What the ‘choose your attitude’ philosophy is all about
- Why storytelling matters so much
- How to charge what you’re worth and get paid to be a keynote speaker
- Debra’s tips on mastering your mindset and choosing your attitude
- How to use Debra’s “how bad is it scale” to change your perspective
- Learn more at DebraSearle.Com
- Start telling yourself the stories that will help you to achieve your goals this year by downloading Debra’s free guide here.
- Watch Debra’s TEDxSalford Talk: Choose Your Attitude.
Want to build a kick ass business that lets you create the income and impact you desire? Then download my 'Get Paid to Be YOU' Guide and Bonus Audio to learn 10 ways to monetize your skills and knowledge and do the work that matters today!
Download my Get Paid to Be YOU Audio and Bonus 9 Step Guide. You'll learn how to combine your knowledge, skills and passions into multiple income streams that amplify your purpose, impact and profit.
Oh and if you enjoy the podcast and want me to keep it advert free, consider donating me a coffee!