Have you ever thought about starting your own podcast?
I’ve been having a love affair with podcasts ever since I launched mine back in 2012.
As you may well know I LOVE podcasting and I am a huge fan of listening to podcasts too.
Whenever I listen to other podcasts, it inspires me with ideas of how I do and don’t want to do mine.
The art of podcasting has taught me so much and as a medium it’s a fantastic business tool too.
Not other medium allows you to speak directly into the ears of one person at a time and get their undivided attention.
Even if you’re out running while listening, it’s still that one person’s voice (or two if it’s an interview of joint podcast) speaking directly to you, into your ears.
With that in mind I wanted to bring on a guest to the Untapped Podcast who got into podcasting in the last few years, and has started not one podcast, but two!
Sarah Mikutel is a globetrotting podcast consultant and founder of the online course Podcast Launch Academy.
Born and raised in the U.S., Sarah’s spent nearly a decade living the expat life in Europe and believes that true independence means the freedom to choose where, when, and how you spend your time and attention.
She loves working with fellow citizens of the world who want to use the power of podcasting to connect to their global community and build a brand and business that supports a freedom-based life.
In this episode, Sarah shares:
- How to start and run a podcast while traveling the world
- How Sarah started podcasting and the key lessons she learned
- When it comes to decisions, are you a maximizer or a satisficer?
- Her top tips to start and grow a podcast from scratch
- Common podcasting mistakes to avoid when you’re starting your podcast
- Visit sarahmikutel.com for more articles on how to podcast.
- Say hi to Sarah on Instagram!
- Check out her Podcast Launch Academy – a self-paced online course designed to help you overcome technophobia and podcast overwhelm so you can develop a world-class podcast that shares your message, connects you to your global community, and helps you build a brand and business that gives you the freedom to live life on your terms.
- Listen to my previous podcast: How To Start a Podcast That Matters
- Read my post What 7 Years of Podcasting Has Taught Me
Download my Get Paid to Be YOU Audio and Bonus 9 Step Guide. You'll learn how to combine your knowledge, skills and passions into multiple income streams that amplify your purpose, impact and profit.