Instagram has long been one of my favourite social media platforms – until it came to using it for business.
I had always found it a place I went to for inspiration, to keep up with my friends and peers and witness some beautiful photography.
Then over time the platform became increasingly promotional and showy and less about #nofilters and #reallife and as it did, I struggled to figure out how to use it authentically and effectively to gain new leads and clients for my business.
So when I first came across Elise Darma on Instagram, with her refreshing style, wonderful travel images and equally valuable Instagram musings, I thought ‘This chick is doing it right’.
I continued to watch her journey, how she posted, what she posted and how she cleverly weaved in promotions to her blog content, courses and her webinar on teaching entrepreneurs how to use Instagram to grow their business.
Unlike so many other folks I was watching from the sidelines, Elise was actually teaching how to get leads and sales in a more personal and effective way. So I hired her for a personal Instagram strategy session and made some changes to my profile and things started to click.
During our session I learned, not only some Instagram strategies, but how much she loves being a digital nomad (like I was at the time) and how Instagram had allowed her to become the founder of a content marketing agency for e-commerce brands called Canupy.
While growing the agency, Elise has traveled to Bali, Hawaii, Australia, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Spain, Portugal, the British Virgin Islands (and got to visit Necker Island while there).
Figuring that she was growing her clients Instagram accounts so successfully, she realized she could walk the talk and show others how to do it by growing her own personal brand @elisedarma
In less than a year she reached over 60,000 followers! What’s more she founded a second business to help others achieve their own “travelpreneur” goals. Along the way he’s been featured for her Instagram expertise in publications such as Forbes, Entrepreneur, Brit + Co, Elite Daily, Teachable and Later.
Today, Elise works one-on-one with clients so that their own businesses (and Instagrams) can thrive, and so they can build their own life of freedom and travel. You can see how aligned we are in our thinking, and what’s even cooler is in our interview, she shared how she found me early on in her journey and how that impacted her….
She’s the perfect example of how to get paid to be you, by figuring out your sweetspot and monetising your skills, knowledge and talents into multiple revenue streams.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How Elise went from 9-to-5 to a full-time entrepreneur
- The meaning behind her content marketing agency “Canupy”
- Why Elise hired a business coach and how that helped her focus on less to grow much more
- Her sales strategy to get paid for your course before you even create it
- Elise’s advice for marketing through Instagram even with a tiny audience
- How to make connections through Instagram Direct Messages
- Why it’s quality, not quantity that matters when it comes to followers
- Learn more about Elise over at EliseDarma.com
- InstagramGrowth Boss – Swipe the strategies Elise used to grow her clients’ accounts to over 250,000 cumulative Instagram followers and generate over $907,331.49 in tracked revenue to businesses (and counting!).
- InstagramGrowth Boss Masterclass – In this masterclass, you’ll learn 3 ways to gain 1,000 Instagram followers in 30 Days without being an “Insta-Model” or spending hours in the app each day.
Want to build a kick ass business that lets you create the income and impact you desire? Then download my 'Get Paid to Be YOU' Guide to learn 10 ways to monetize your skills and knowledge and do the work that matters today!
Download my Get Paid to Be YOU Audio and Bonus 9 Step Guide. You'll learn how to combine your knowledge, skills and passions into multiple income streams that amplify your purpose, impact and profit.
Oh and if you enjoy the podcast and want me to keep it advert free, consider donating me a coffee!