Lately I’ve been going back to learning what I thought I already knew, and at the same time I’ve been embracing everything I don’t know as I throw myself into the arena of the future of work and learning.
And that’s a scary place to be. The not knowing space. The relinquishing any thoughts you had about being an expert, to embrace a beginner’s mind and enjoy being a student of life.
That’s at the very heart of what Derek Loudermilk and I jammed on in this episode of UNTAPPED.
Derek is a friend and kindred spirit, and he’s also the creator of AdventureQuest Travel, a professional adventurer, bestselling author, speaker, digital nomad and a business coach.
He is the host of the Art of Adventure podcast, one of the top podcasts in the world for location independent business, adventure travel and cutting edge topics.
And to top it off, he is the author of Superconductors: Revolutionize Your Career and Make Big Things Happen, which was long listed for the 2018 UK Best Business Book awards.
He specialises in coaching people who wants to get out of their cubicles and create a life of time, financial, and location freedom. Yep we are pretty much on the same page!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How Derek has built up revenue streams from his multi-faceted career choices and life experiences including being a pro cyclist!
- Derek’s thoughts on robots and automation of work
- The value of self-experimentation
- Derek’s view on developing an alter ego
- His advice for untapping your potential
- Learn more about Derek over at Derekloudermilk.com
- Check out his podcast the Art of Adventure
- Check out his book Superconductors: Revolutionize Your Career and Make Big Things Happen
Want to build a kick ass business that lets you create the income and impact you desire? Then download my 'Get Paid to Be YOU' Guide to learn 10 ways to monetize your skills and knowledge and do the work that matters today!
Download my Get Paid to Be YOU Audio and Bonus 9 Step Guide. You'll learn how to combine your knowledge, skills and passions into multiple income streams that amplify your purpose, impact and profit.
Oh and if you enjoy the podcast and want me to keep it advert free, consider donating me a coffee!