Many of us believe that there is no success without sacrifice. But is that true?
As a self-proclaimed Freedomist, and author of a book about having your own Freedom Plan I happen to know that you can have a thriving business and a lifestyle you love at the same time.
But it takes vision and then planning, discipline and systems to make sure you stay true to that vision.
I’m always keen to learn from others as I love to layer on top of what I’ve already done and figured out, with more wisdom and strategies that work.
So when David Finkel got in touch to talk about his Freedom Formula I was all ears.
David is the CEO of Maui Mastermind, one of the world’s premier business coaching companies, which has worked with over 100,000 business leaders, helping them grow their companies and get their lives back.
David’s clients enjoy an average annual growth rate five times higher than the average privately held company in the United States, and at the same time, these business leaders have dramatically decreased their working hours.
Over the past 20 years, David and the other Maui coaches and advisors have personally started and scaled companies with an aggregate value of $63 billion.
David eats his own cooking which has allowed him the time to start, scale, and sell multiple successful ventures, be on the boards of several other companies, all while holding his working hours to under 40 hours per week and taking 10 weeks of vacation each year.
The Wall Street Journal bestselling author of eleven books, David’s syndicated business articles on Inc.com, Fastcompany.com, and Forbes.com have garnered millions of readers.
His work has been featured in such prestigious media outlets as the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg Businessweek, Fox Business, MSNBC, and Inc. Magazine.
Impressed yet? You should be as David really does walk his talk.
In this episode, David reveals:
- Why working longer and harder doesn’t pay off (and what actually does)
- How to escape the “time and effort” economy
- Why the 80-20 principle doesn’t go far enough (and how to take it to its most productive extreme)
- How to structure the day and week to reclaim five or more hours each week in usable blocks
- How to operationalize the work/life balance
- What strategies to utilize to recover time and attention from distractions
- You can learn more about David Finkel on MauiMastermind.com
- Our previous interview: How to Scale and Grow Your Business with David Finkel
- Get the Book: The Freedom Formula: How to Succeed in Business Without Sacrificing Your Family, Health, or Life
Want to build a kick ass business that lets you create the income and impact you desire? Then download my 'Get Paid to Be YOU' Guide and Bonus Audio to learn 10 ways to monetize your skills and knowledge and do the work that matters today!