Imagine the future of work, what do you see? And more importantly how do you want to show up in it?
The way in which we work and the type of work we will be doing in the next few years is already shifting right before our eyes, and I personally see more opportunity than ever.
But a lot of people are scared and that’s because the workplace of tomorrow is an uncertain place.
We live in a rapidly changing world, and design innovations such as artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and big data are rapidly changing the fundamental nature of how we live and work.
What’s more these technologies are evolving at an exponential rate – and as more jobs and work gets automated, you can see why there’s a fear of being replaced by robots!
Actually that is going to happen with some work, especially around data, that is expected to be more machine-powered.
But there will also be a proliferation of new work and jobs created that will require human skills in areas like problem solving, communication, listening, interpretation and design.
One thing is for sure, it’s becoming critical to understand how this future of work movement is going to impact you, your profession or business and understand how to design a secure future amidst this disruption.
What can you get paid to do and be, what skills will you need to learn and master to ensure you remain relevant and in demand for the foreseeable future?
The future of work is us – people.
We think creatively, we use our emotional intelligence, we teach, communicate, value judgements and share wisdom. We must reconsider how jobs are designed and work to adapt and learn for future growth.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What exactly is the future of work?
- How is it going to impact you and what can you do to tap into it?
- The new culture needed to future proof your business or career*
- A great tool to figure out where your interests and competencies lie
- How to turn yourself into a LifeLong Learning Lab to remain relevant
- Future of Work Collective supports individuals and collectives to create the unique journey towards their emerging culture and leadership paradigm that sustains their positive impact in the world.
- Download the Four Lists to Freedom Template for free here to work out what you love do to, and what you shouldn’t be doing!
Oh and if you enjoy the podcast and want me to keep it advert free, consider donating me a coffee!