Hey you. Yeah you. The perfectionist standing there, waiting until your ducks are lined up before you take real action.
Can I offer you some advice?
Just for today, aim for imperfect action. Don’t worry if things aren’t polished, poised and perfect.
Aim for the Minimum Viable Product/ Project or next step.
You can do it. I know you can. It’s actually truly liberating when you allow yourself to do this.
It’s also the trick to success. Taking one small step each day, that’s all you have to do.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How an imperfect action will lead you to take the perfect action (when you’re ready for it)
- Why I’m starting a Vlog just for shits and giggles
- The 6 rules to shoot a video that doesn’t suck
- How to take imperfect action and how I do on a regular basis
Video that doesn’t suck guidelines by Joriam:
- Internet does not forgive crap audio. Don’t record in busy cafes. Preferably get a decent mic.
- Rule of thirds – your eyes should be two thirds from the bottom of the frame. Use horizontal video.
- Daytime light is best, not at night unless you have proper lighting
- Video voice – video cuts away nuance of everyday speaking. You lose some energy so you have to compensate with more of your style of energy.
- Scripts – talk about something you deeply care about. 7% of your time will be spent thinking about what you want to talk. About, and 93% about how to make it interesting. Unique, deep, resonant, funny etc.
- BONUS: Silence.. is very powerful. Use it sparingly.. But use it!
Read or listen to Vlog like a Boss if that’s what you want to get into.
Want to get fresh podcast episodes from me, as and when they happen?
Then make sure you SUBSCRIBE through one of the following: